Apple Podcasters Program overview
Join the Apple Podcasters Program to start selling your subscriptions on Apple Podcasts.
Sell your subscription
You can offer shows with paid subscriptions, or fans can listen to free shows that come with additional benefits when they subscribe. Designed to be flexible and creator-friendly, podcast subscriptions let you set prices that work for you and your audience and can be offered as monthly or annual plans, with free trials to make it easy to start listening.
Define your benefits
With the Apple Podcasters Program, you can offer listeners a premium subscription that has additional benefits, including:
Ad-free listening. Let subscribers focus on the story.
Additional episodes. Give subscribers more to love with additional episodes.
- Early access. Offer subscribers new episodes before everyone else.
Subscriber-only shows. Give subscribers shows that are only available to them.
- Archive access. Unlock access to all the past episodes.
Consider offering your listeners a free trial to encourage them to try your subscription before buying.
With Apple Podcasts Subscriptions, you receive 70% of the subscription price at each billing cycle, minus applicable taxes. After a subscriber accumulates one year of paid service, your net revenue increases to 85% of the subscription price, minus applicable taxes. Your other podcast revenue — including any ads — will stay 100% yours.
How it works
The Apple Podcasters Program is available for an annual fee. It can be added to your account at any time by an Admin in Apple Podcasts Connect. When they enroll, the payment method associated with their Apple ID will be charged. This fee provides a membership for the individual or company being enrolled.
After you join the Apple Podcasters Program, you’ll be able to upload subscriber audio in Apple Podcasts Connect. Subscriber audio is available only to Apple Podcasts users. It must be uploaded through Apple Podcasts Connect so that it can be protected using digital rights management (DRM). Then, create a channel, add subscription benefits, and submit it for review. Keep in mind all content is subject to review and must comply with our content guidelines.
It’s easy to get started and set up your subscription:
- Sign in to Apple Podcasts Connect. If you don’t have an account yet, you can create one.
- Join the Apple Podcasters Program. You can sign up for the program on your Account page.
- Complete your agreement.
- Set up your show for a subscription by adding subscriber audio or create a show in Apple Podcasts Connect with subscriber audio.
- Create a channel. You’ll need to create a channel before you can add a subscription. To do that, go to the Podcasts page, click the Add (+) button, then select New Channel.