Create an Apple Podcasts Connect account
Getting started with Apple Podcasts is easy. The first thing you’ll need to do is sign up for an Apple Podcasts Connect account.
Apple Podcasts Connect is your destination for submitting and managing your shows. You can monitor your shows, gain insight into how users are listening to them, and more. All you need to get started is an active Apple ID.
1. Create an active Apple ID
Create an Apple ID or use an existing Apple ID enabled with two-factor authentication. Verify that your Apple ID is fully activated by adding a valid payment method. You won't be charged until you make a purchase. Then, agree to the Apple Media Service Terms and Conditions:
- From a computer: sign in to any Apple service like Apple Music, the App Store, or the iTunes Store. Follow the prompts to review and agree to the terms.
- From an iOS Device: go to Settings > Apple ID > Media & Purchases and sign in with your Apple ID. Follow the onscreen prompts to complete the process.
2. Join Apple Podcasts Connect
Your Apple Podcasts Connect account will be linked to the Apple ID you use to sign in. Give the account a name and let us know if this is an individual or a company account.
- Select Individual if you’re representing yourself or if you’re a sole proprietor.
- Select Company if you’re registered as a company or organization. You’ll create one account for your company, then add users to your account to help manage your shows. If you’ve previously had multiple people submitting shows for your company and need to merge them into one account, contact us.
Then, agree to the Terms of Service. If you’re working with a hosting provider to offer free podcasts via RSS feeds, you’re ready to go. You can start submitting shows to Apple Podcasts.
3. Sign up for the Apple Podcasters Program
If you’d like to offer paid subscriptions to your listeners, join the Apple Podcasters Program.
Learn more about the program and its benefits
An Admin can add the plan to your account at any time. When you sign up, the payment method associated with the Admin’s Apple ID will be charged the annual fee. Make sure you have the correct payment method associated with your Apple ID before you make your purchase.
Learn how to change, add, or remove Apple ID payment methods
To join the program:
- Log in to Apple Podcasts Connect.
- Click Account.
- In the Details tab, click Sign Up.
- Click Confirm.
Complete your agreement
After you sign up, a Legal user will need to complete additional information in the Agreements section of Apple Podcasts Connect.