April 28, 2021
Site Manager migration to Apple Podcasts Connect
To prepare for the migration, review the following information:
- If your shows have been submitted by multiple users, an account admin or the account owner will need to contact us to specify a single unified Apple ID to migrate the catalog to. If you manage shows across multiple Site Manager accounts, a unified Apple ID will need to be specified for each one.
- You can specify your existing Apple ID or create a new Apple ID. Verify that your Apple ID is fully activated by adding a valid payment method and agreeing to the Apple Media Service Terms and Conditions.
- If a unified Apple ID isn’t specified, you’ll be able to manage the shows submitted by your Apple ID by logging in to Apple Podcasts Connect at the end of May.
- Review A Podcaster’s Guide to RSS to ensure that your shows contain all required tags and use the correct Apple Podcasts categories.
- Download reports prior to migration. Site Manager reports will not be archived.
- If Apple has been hosting your shows, your content will be migrated to Apple Podcasts Connect in May 2021. Shows with Apple-hosted content will continue to be available on Apple Podcasts, however, they cannot be updated. To continue updating your show, migrate your show to a third-party hosting solution which will allow you to update the RSS feed.